FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Random Substance Testing: No
Employment Opportunity Summary
In this fun, friendly role, you will perform a variety of duties for Sedalia Parks and Recreation at the Heckart Community Center coordinating recreation activities and events. This position will provide direction and constant quality supervision of all participants.
Ready to Apply?
Questions and resumes can be submitted via email at email@example.com.
Employment Opportunity Additional Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Plan and organize assigned recreation activities in a variety of areas.
- Observe and monitor planned quality of programs, events, and classes.
- Maintain first aid, CPR and AED certifications, as well as knowing all safety and emergency procedures for the facility and being able to act quickly and responsibly in emergencies.
- Assists other staff with first-aid and CPR/AED in the event of an emergency.
- Demonstrates work ethic, ingenuity, customer care, and attention to detail.
- Apply rules and policies of Sedalia Parks & Recreation equally to persons in and/or using the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Condition of Employment
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and agree to be subject to randomdrug screen throughout employment.
- Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation check.
- Must be willing and available to work early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled by immediate supervisor, not to exceed 1,500 hours per year.
- CPR/AED and standard First Aid certification required within 60 days of employment.
- Preferred High School diploma plus six (6) months experience working in area of interest for recreation position.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills relating to all age groups: youth, teens, adults, older adults.
- Knowledge of park and recreation practices and programs preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of data entry into the computer, and knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Skill in handling cash transactions, operating cash register, and giving correct change.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
Tools and Equipment
- Personal computer
- Point of sale computer
- 10-key calculator
- Copy machine
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures, Health Department codes, and American
Red Cross guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
Principal Working Relationships
Contacts are typically with co-workers, members of civic and community groups, day care providers,
vendors, managers, instructors, maintenance workers, and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts
Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, crouching, talking and hearing. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.