Supervisor: Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Random Substance Testing: Yes
Employment Opportunity Summary
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety of patrons at the City’s Aquatic Facilities at Heckartt Community Center and at Liberty & Centennial Pool, by monitoring various swimming activities as well as assisting with special functions. Employee assists in maintaining pool and surrounding facility area. Objective is to ensure safety and general welfare of the public engaging in all swimming activities through guarding and instructing patrons.
Ready to Apply?
Applications may be completed online, turned in to the Parks & Recreation office or faxed. Please contact XYZ with any questions.
Questions and resumes can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Opportunity Additional Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs responsible protective service work ensuring the safe use of the swimming facility by patrons.
- Performs water rescue as needed and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or first aid treatment to injured or ill patrons.
- Observes actions of swimmers, and maintains discipline in and around pool facilities.
- Enforces pool and water safety rules in a tactful and effective manner.
- May assist in teaching swimming, water exercise, and other water-related instructional classes to all age groups
- Retrieves and places pool equipment and teaching materials in appropriate storage after each session; monitors weather conditions to ensure timely retrieval of materials and equipment.
- Maintains swimming pool and surrounding area to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of recreational facilities.
- Assists with various special projects, community programs, and recreational functions.
- Performs light custodial tasks, e.g., empties trash receptacles, cleans and sanitizes bathroom facilities, removes debris, pool and deck cleaning and sanitation.
- Enforces all rules and regulations.
- Perform basic maintenance procedures.
- Work as a team member with other employees.
- Communicate effectively with other city employees, both oral and written.
- Work autonomously when necessary.
- Deal with others in a professional manner.
- Maintain professional composure in heated situations,
- Follow Departmental and City policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.