Due to the impacts of COVID-19 on recyclables markets, residential curbside recycling has ceased until conditions improve. Currently, the City continues to accept source-separated recyclables for a fee at the City's Materials Management Site at 27882 Highway U.
Items Accepted for Recycling
- Phone books
- Paper egg cartons
- Opened mail and greeting cards
- File folders
- White or pastel office paper
- Magazines, brochures, and catalogs
- Paperboard boxes
- Paperback books
- Pizza boxes
- Corrugated cardboard
- Paper bags
- Paper milk/juice cartons (no foil pouches, do not flatten)
- Clean balled aluminum foil (2" or larger) and pie pans
- Empty aerosol cans (no caps)
- Cans (do not crush or flatten)
- #1-7 plastic tubs, screw-top jars, bottles, and jugs (no lids, no #7 PLA compostables do not flatten!)
- Loose metal jar lids and steel bottle caps
Items Not Accepted for Recycling
- Thin plastic bags such as those used at grocery stores and big-box retailers
- Windows, window glass
- Glass, drinking glasses, mirrors
- Ceramics, plates, vases
- Scrap metal
- Light bulbs, fluorescent tubes
- Tyvek Envelopes
- Plastic microwave trays
- Frozen food, ice cream or frozen juice containers
- Medical waste, needles or syringes
- Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste
- Tissues, paper towels, napkins
Glass Recycling Collection Locations
The City currently has three collection containers for glass. The collected glass is taken to the Ripple Glass Recycling Center in Kansas City, Missouri for recycling.
We ask everyone to place only glass in the large purple glass containers. No cardboard boxes, no garbage bags or other materials. Glass only in the containers.
Glass Recycling Drop-Off Sites
- 1002 S. Massachusetts Ave.
- 1915 S. Limit (behind Kehde's BBQ)
- 27822 Highway U (South Ingram Ave.)
For more information on the Central Missouri Landfill and the materials it accepts, please contact Waste Corporation of Missouri at (660) 826-9133.
If questions remain after viewing the information provided by these links, please contact the Sanitation Division at (660) 827-7820.