Supervisor: Aquatics Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Random Substance Testing: Yes
Employment Opportunity Summary
Aquatic attendants assist our aquatic staff with tasks such as: working the top of slide, teaching swim lessons, and helping with special pool events.
Employment Opportunity Additional Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Maintain order at top of water slide.
- Measure each patron going down the pool slide to make sure they are the minimum 48 inches tall to go down the slide.
- Enforce waterslide rules and proper rider position, swimming pool rules and regulations.
- Ensure safety of all guest at the facility.
- Report maintenance issues and any incidents to pool manager.
- Provide customer service and assist patrons with questions.
- May assist in teaching swimming lessons.
- Retrieves and places pool equipment and teaching materials in appropriate storage after each session; monitors weather conditions to ensure timely retrieval of materials and equipment.
- Maintains swimming pool and surrounding area to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of recreational facilities.
- Assists with various special projects, community programs and recreational functions.
- Performs light custodial tasks, e.g., empties trash receptacles, cleans and sanitizes bathroom facilities, removes debris, pool and deck cleaning and sanitation.
- Enforces all rules and regulations.
- Perform basic maintenance procedures.
- Work as a team member with other employees.
- Communicate effectively with other city employees, both oral and written.
- Work autonomously when necessary.
- Deal with others in a professional manner.
- Maintain professional composure in heated situations.
- Follow Departmental and City policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
The Aquatics Attendant position is part-time and located at Heckart Community Center and Liberty Pools. The immediate supervisor for this position is the Head Lifeguard. The person in this position is supervised daily. During the summer the position may work outdoors.
In this position, there is exposure to chemicals and/or hazardous materials in the form of exhaust, aerosol cans, trash, hospital needles, paint, and cleaning supplies. Physical work consists of, but is not limited to, standing, climbing, bending, carrying, walking around obstacles, and lifting.
Minimum Qualifications, Training, or Experience to Start:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must have a working phone number at which the employee can be contacted directly.
- Follow oral and written orders.
- Possess customer service skills.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work.
- Valid email address.
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and agree to be subject to random drug screen throughout employment.
- Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation check.
- Must be willing and available to work early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled by immediate supervisor, not to exceed 1,500 hours per year.
- CPR/AED and standard First Aid certification required within 60 days of employment.
- While performing the essential functions of this job some tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of sitting, standing, walking outdoors in summer heat.
- Certain duties of this position are classified as “safety-sensitive.” Therefore, the person in this position will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis in accordance with the City’s Alcohol & Controlled Substance Use, Abuse and Testing Policy.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by Department Head as required. This job description is an “at-will” position and does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.