The City Clerk’s Office is the go-to information center for the City of Sedalia. The City Clerk is the Secretary for the City Council. Additional tasks include the safekeeping of all city ordinances, resolutions, council minutes, and other official city documents.
The City Clerk’s office is also responsible for
- Garage Sale Permit Applications
- Records Requests per the Missouri Sunshine Law
- Preparing and disseminating the City Council Agenda packets
- Coordinating elections for Mayor, Council, and special elections as directed by the Council. The filing fee for the Mayoral election is $100, and the filing fee for Council is $50
- Maintaining and updating Sedalia Code Book
- Posting, receiving, and tabulating all bids