Park Seasonal Maintenance
Supervisor: Parks Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Random Substance Testing: Yes
Employment Opportunity Summary
This position is responsible for maintaining and cleaning city parks and facilities. Successful performance helps ensure the provision of safe and well-maintained parks and facilities for the citizens of Sedalia.
Ready to Apply?
Questions and resumes can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Opportunity Additional Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Inspects and maintains city parks, grounds, and facilities.
- Services department equipment and tools; checks fluids; changes oil and filters; maintains service logs.
- Prepares fields for sporting events.
- Cleans swimming pool and may assist with pool maintenance.
- Cleans fields, restrooms, facilities, and parking lots; empties trash.
- Set up facilities for special events and athletic games.
- Repairs and paints park benches and tables.
- Mows grass, trims, and uses a weed eater.
- Removes snow.
- Operates light and heavy equipment including a mower, bobcat, backhoe, and related equipment.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Condition of Employment
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and agree to be subject to random drug screens throughout employment.
- Must pass a background criminal investigation check.
- Must be willing and available to work a varied schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Clean driving record.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Missouri driver’s license.
- Experience in building maintenance and/or grounds keeping preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of lawn care and maintenance.
- Knowledge of chemical applications.
- Knowledge of general electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting principles.
- Knowledge of parks and facility safety regulations.
- Knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of custodial procedures.
- Knowledge of markings for athletic fields.
- Knowledge of the set up and take down of temporary fencing, barricades, signs, and banners.
- Skill in directing crowds and traffic.
- Skill in operating light and heavy equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures; supervisory instructions, building codes, and special event guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
The work consists of related maintenance and repair duties. Inclement weather contributes to the complexity of the work.
Principal Working Relationships
Contacts are typically with co-workers, community members, and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts
Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, provide services, or resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The work is typically performed outdoors. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, machinery with moving parts, exposed to sun and heat for extended periods and cold or inclement weather. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.