Facility Supervisor – Holidays, Nights & Weekends
Supervisor: Recreation Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Random Substance Testing: Yes
Employment Opportunity Summary
Ensure that team members are completing their duties to a high standard and being productive during their working hours by evaluating staff performance, identifying areas for improvement, and designing and providing feedback with assistance from department supervisor(s). Assist team members with any problems, conflicts, or complaints from customers.
Employment Opportunity Additional Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point of contact for patron services for the facility. Assists patrons with inquiries and other related needs.
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of all aspects of facility operations, including adult athletic leagues.
- Act as “manager on duty” for any supervisors not on duty. In this role, they would have authority to intervene with any customer issues or disciplining staff if they are in violation of procedures or personnel policies.
- Responsible for general maintenance needs of the HCC.
- Responsible for maintaining and checking in/out equipment to patrons and officials and ensuring equipment is in safe and usable condition; responsible for the reporting equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement needs to supervisor for processing.
- Responsible for maintaining records and files related to facility operations and preparing reports as needed, including but not limited to: score sheets and incident & accident reports.
- Assists patrons and officials with minor first aid as needed and contacting emergency services in the event of escalated emergency need.
- Maintains safety by following Sedalia Parks & Recreation safety manual, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures enforcement of rules and regulations of the Sedalia Parks & Recreation Department.
- Ensures customers and guests are receiving quality customer service and their perceived “value for experience” by listening/responding to inquiries/comments in a timely and customer-focused manner. Listens to guest feedback and conveys pertinent information to the appropriate staff.
- Assist with investigating/resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of program, service, and facility offerings to accurately convey information to staff and guests.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and services. May involve setting up and preparing assigned facility space and equipment, performing light maintenance duties when needed, registration and paperwork, organizing supplies and equipment, inventory, handling all transactions, interfacing with participants, enforcing department policies and procedures, and ensuring safety.
- Observe facility use and condition, conduct safety checks. Make recommendations on facility improvements. Performs proper opening and closing procedures of the facility.
Minimum Qualifications, Training, or Experience to Start:
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Minimum one year experience in customer service.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Valid Missouri driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must have a working phone number at which the employee can be contacted directly.
- Follow oral and written orders.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees and the general public.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work.
- Agree to and pass a background check.
- Some tasks may involve physically demanding work such as standing for prolonged periods.
- Certain duties of this position are classified as “safety-sensitive.” Therefore, the person in this position will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis in accordance with the City’s Alcohol & Controlled Substance Use, Abuse and Testing Policy.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by Department Head as required. This job description is an “at-will” position and does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.